Office Manager Job Description Dream Dine’ charter school
Dream Diné is a place-based elementary school where the Diné culture, language and history are the foundation of an experiential curriculum. Through a dual-language program, we will nurture strong, compassionate, bilingual young people who are committed to their personal and community health, wellness, relationships and progress.
General Functions: The Office Manager is responsible for all administrative tasks in the school front office to include: front office management, record and compliance management, annual enrollment, distribution/collection of textbooks and materials and other duties and responsibilities as assigned. He/she also acts as an essential liaison for families, students, faculty and staff in all non-curricular, non-instructional and non-disciplinary school business. The Office Manager reports directly to the Head Administrator, and works closely with the Director of Operations regarding records, enrollment, attendance, budgetary and communication matters.
Qualifications, Competencies and Strengths: The Office Manager position offers an exceptional opportunity to lead and contribute meaningfully to a unique K-8 educational organization in Shiprock. While experience in an education environment is preferred in this role, Dream Dine’ is seeking people who are passionate and committed to Dream Dine’s mission to improve education for Native American students in the Shiprock area through excellence and relevance.
• Have a degree in a related field and training in office management
- Prior experience working in a school’s front office preferred
- Budget management experience such as procurement, AP, human resources organizational skills preferred with accounting coursework completed
• Ability to manage and organize confidential student and human resource data efficiently
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, parents, co-workers and the public at large consistently
• Ability to communicate in Navajo and serve as a role model for youth
• Strong computer skills utilizing Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software quickly
• Be a self-starter with an ownership attitude for meeting established goals
• Possess good people skills and team player attitude with willingness to learn new skills
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates a neat, welcoming, and organized office environment
- Maintains complete sets of all parent and staff forms
- Welcomes parents and visitors, responds to visitor and parent requests
- Answers phones and redirects inquiries as appropriate, and relays messages to staff
- Executes daily attendance calls to the homes of absent students
- Receives, distributes, and prepares incoming/outgoing mail and shipments
- Maintains school supply closet and assists with inventory control
- Maintains office equipment and ensures that copier machines, fax, and postage are in working order
- Assists in the year-round management of student information and roster configuration, lottery application, enrollment and withdrawal process in student information system (SIS)
- Assists in the audits of student records with attention to completeness and accuracy
- Inputs student and staff attendance data with accuracy
- Assists in the coordination of daily student food services and transportation, if provided by the school
- Provide administrative and clerical support to Head Administrator, Director of Operations and Budget Manager to develop documents, organize and keep records. Assist with coding invoices and purchase requisitions, entry into APTA funds (accounting software system), processing and mailing checks; maintain and update vendor files, including new set up and obtaining W-9 forms; assist with internal and external inquiries related to accounts payable and various expense reports; assist in preparation for year-end audits.