Job title: After-School Tutor, Spring Term 2018 (part-time)
Location: Shiprock, New Mexico
Start Date: Immediately, Spring Term 2018
Purpose: The tutor will assist K-4 grade students with improving their reading and math skills through reading/tutoring sessions conducted at the Dream Diné Charter School after regular school hours.
Qualifications and Competencies:
High school diploma; Associates degree or college credit hours preferred
Familiarity with K-4 elementary curriculum for reading and math.
Excellent reading and math skills and willingness to share your love of reading and math.
Excellent people skills, enthusiasm for helping children, respectful attitude.
Ability to work with individual students and small groups.
Ability to manage students and keep them focused on their learning.
Creative and enthusiastic when covering lessons, reviewing homework and reading selected books.
Attention to detail regarding paperwork.
Background check required to work with students.
Job Duties and Responsibility:
- Tutor assists students, K-4 grades, in the development of reading and math skills.
- Tutor assists students, K-4 grades, with their homework and lesson review, in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Tutor communicates daily with teachers to understand and clarify classroom lessons and homework assigned to the students.
- Tutor communicates effectively with school administrator, staff and parents.
- Tutor documents all activity conducted with each student.
- Tutor must commit to work throughout the school’s spring term. Consistent, ongoing support is necessary to support he students and teachers.
- Tutor will work between the hours of 3:15 and 5:45 p.m., providing tutoring two times per week.
- Tutor is required to complete the following:
- Attend an initial program orientation, arranged by the school.
- Attend weekly meetings with the administrator and staff.
- Attend reflection sessions every two-weeks, arranged by the school.
- Document monthly program evaluation.
9. Practice and model the school values: Baa ‘áhólyą̨́, Baa nitsíníkees, Aka’ ’anilyeed
Contact: School administrator at (505) 368-2500, or onsite at Dream Diné Charter School.
Dream Diné Charter School Shiprock, New Mexico
Job Title Regular Elementary Teacher, K-5
Location: Shiprock, New Mexico
Start Date: SY 2018-2019
Dream Diné is a place-based elementary school where the Diné culture, language and history are the foundation of an experiential curriculum. Through a dual-language program, we will nurture strong, compassionate, bilingual young people who are committed to their personal and community health, wellness, relationships and progress.
General Functions: A teacher is responsible for working effectively with students, families and staff, working with teams collaboratively to implement a place-based dual language educational model of instruction, and is responsible for lesson planning, design, assessment, curriculum development, utilizing hands-on experiential education methodologies, dual-language instructional techniques, literacy strategies and special education modifications. Qualifications, Competencies and Strengths
• New Mexico Elementary Teaching Licensure (Level II preferred)
• Bilingual and Bi-cultural—has an understanding and appreciation of traditional Dine’ practices and ability to provide instruction in Dine’ 50% of the day or Bilingual endorsement or Navajo Language endorsement (required); TESOL endorsement (preferred)
• Has an understanding of/experience with dual-language instructional methodologies
• Has an understanding of/experience with hands-on/experiential educational methodologies
• Possesses collaborative skills and a willingness to work with colleagues in a Professional Learning Community
• Has a desire to learn and grow, and is open to feedback from instructional leaders and colleagues
• Has a willingness to be involved in community activities and events outside of typical school hours
• Possesses technological knowledge/proficiency
• Experience in working with early elementary students in classroom settings
• Recognizes the social, emotional and intellectual developmental needs of early elementary school students and understands appropriate responses Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
• Interact effectively with students, staff, parents and the overall school community
• Develop lesson plans that draw from the stories, history, geography, environment, science, arts, language and culture of the local community
• Ensure the attainment of learning standards in the English Language Arts and math Common Core Standards
• Provide direct instruction as well as experiential, hands-on activities in both Dine’ and English
• Provide a safe and effective learning environment for students, staff and overall school community
• Administer quarterly assessments and organize student portfolios to capture individual student progress
• Collaborate with parents and communicate student’s progress and classroom expectations
• Contribute to the overall school community by supporting school/community programs, activities and events related to school’s vision, mission and goals.
For more information: Call Dream Diné Charter School at (505) 368-2500 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the school, which is located on the northwest side of Shiprock Chapter House. School website or FaceBook page: dreamdine.org; Facebook: Dream Dine
Job Title Part-time Special Education Teacher, K-3 (4-6 hours per week)
Location: Shiprock, New Mexico
Start Date: August 2018 for SY 2018-2018
School Mission Dream Diné is a place-based elementary school where the Diné culture, language and history are the foundation of an experiential curriculum. Through a dual-language program, we will nurture strong, compassionate, bilingual young people who are committed to their personal and community health, wellness, relationships and progress.
General Functions: The teacher will provide guidance and instructional experiences that are academically and developmentally appropriate for each assigned student.
Qualifications, Competencies and Strengths
- New Mexico Elementary Teaching Licensure (Level II preferred)
- Special Education Teaching License required
- Classroom experience with Kindergarten to 3rd (early childhood)
- Bilingual and Bi-cultural (preferred)—has an understanding and appreciation of traditional Dine’ practices for teaching elementary students
- Coordinates and facilitates IEP meetings for students on assigned caseload including the annual review, reevaluation, and other IEP review meetings
- Has knowledge of elementary school content and approved curriculum
- Understands and utilizes the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEIA) of 2004 as guidance for instruction
- Understands and ensures compliance with Individual Education Program (IEP) for each caseload student
- Has ability to differentiate instructional methods and resources in each area taught
- Uses hands-on kinesthetic instruction, and motivates and encourages students
- Possesses collaborative skills and a willingness to work with colleagues collaboratively
- Possesses technological knowledge/proficiency
- Recognizes the social, emotional and intellectual developmental needs of early elementary school students and understands appropriate responses
Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensures the attainment of learning standards in the English Language Arts and math Common Core Standards
· Teaches in an inclusion, pull-out, or resource setting and modifies assignments for students with disabilities
- Collaborates with regular education teacher, and informs education assistants and parents
· Provides a safe and effective learning environment for students, staff and overall school community
· Administers assessments and organizes student portfolios to capture individual student progress
· Collaborates with parents and communicate student’s progress and classroom expectations
· Contributes to the overall school community by supporting school/community programs, activities and events related to school’s vision, mission and goals
To apply and learn more about Dream Diné School
· Submit a letter of interest with current resume/CV and copies of teacher licensure and certificate or endorsement(s) to: email@example.com
· Visit www.dreamdine.org